The HD 15-A is a unique product in its category. The professional compression driver with custom designed dome and high-power voice coil offers exceptional vocal clarity and sound projection. The 15” high power woofer offers an extremely linear response and a precise, deep low-frequency control. The amplifier delivers 1400 watts and is controlled by a powerful DSP that takes care of crossover, equalization, FiRPHASE, soft limiting, and speaker protection.
- 130 dB Max SPL
- 1400 Watts 2-way peak power
- DSP Processing with FiRPHASE
- 1.0" Compression Driver, 1.75” v.c.
- 15” Woofer, high power
- Lightweight Composite Cabinet
- 90°x60°, wide dispersion constant directivity horn
- Silent Fanless Class-D Amplifier
NEW PERSPECTIVE ON LINEARITY
RCF speakers are designed using a proprietary and advanced FiR filtering technology, conceived to deliver transparent sound, absolute clarity, and perfect stereo images to the listener.
The special FiRPHASE filters allow achieving coherent distribution of sound for all listeners without phase distortions, ensuring minimum latencies to the system.
The design of the FIR filter for this specific purpose starts from an accurate measurement of the loudspeaker phase.
FiRPHASE algorithm uses this measurement and adapts the loudspeaker’s phase without touching the amplitude equalization. The heart of the advanced technique used by FiRPHASE is a recursive method (least-squares method) combined with a proprietary algorithm that calculates the best FIR filter coefficients set in according to amplitude and phase constraints. The algorithm corrects phase and amplitude (if necessary) by taking into account the weak points of the transducers and the resonances or cancellations due to the cabinet of the loudspeaker. This technique allows a deep control of phase at the mid-low frequency with relatively small filters, reaching a higher resolution than that one as theory suggests.
Woofers and compression drivers are precision built taking advantage of RCF’s assembly technologies and a wealth of professional knowledge and experience dedicated to achieving extremely high standards
POWERFUL CLASS D AMPLIFIERS
RCF's Class-D power amplifier technology packs huge performance operating with high efficiency into a lightweight solution. D-Line amplifiers deliver ultra-fast attack, realistic transient response, and impressive audio performance. The amplifier features a solid mechanical aluminum structure which not only stabilizes the amplifier during transportation but also helps the fan-less heat dissipation. All the D Line amplifiers present SMPS power supply section in order to produce maximum output and minimum transportation weight.
D LINE cabinets are molded with a special polypropylene composite material designed to dampen vibrations even at maximum volume settings. From molding to the final texture, D-LINE offers maximum reliability and strength for intensive use on the road. Advanced vented architecture offers high efficiency and low distortion. The speaker is equipped with a top handle and two side handles with rubber handgrips for greater portability.
HIGH DEMAND APPLICATIONS
The multi-purpose cabinet shape will allow every D-LINE model to be used in the standard configuration as well as in stage monitor mode. Two M10 and three M6 threaded inserts available for optional mounting hardware. This makes the speakers perfect for use in mounted or flown situations. When used on top of a SUB Series the HD speaker becomes an incredibly powerful PA system.
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 45 Hz ÷ 20000 Hz
- MAX SPL @ 1M: 130 dB
- HORIZONTAL COVERAGE ANGLE: 90°
- VERTICAL COVERAGE ANGLE: 60°
- COMPRESSION DRIVER: 1.0'', 1.75'' v.c
- WOOFER: 15'', 2.5'' v.c
- INPUT SIGNAL: bal/unbal
- INPUT CONNECTORS: XLR, Jack
- OUTPUT CONNECTORS: XLR
- INPUT SENSITIVITY: -2 dBu/+4 dBu
- MIC. INPUT SENSITIVITY: -32 dBu
- CROSSOVER FREQUENCIES: 1800 Hz
- PROTECTIONS: Thermal, RMS
- LIMITER: Soft Limiter
- CONTROLS: Volume, Boost, Mic/Line
- TOTAL POWER: 1400 W Peak, 700 W RMS
- HIGH FREQUENCIES: 400 W Peak, 200 W RMS
- LOW FREQUENCIES: 1000 W Peak, 500 W RMS
- COOLING: Convection
- CONNECTIONS: VDE
- CE MARKING: Yes
- CABINET/CASE MATERIAL: PP Composite
- HARDWARE: 1 x M10 top, 1 x M10 bottom, 2 x M10 side
- HANDLES: 1 Top, 2 Side
- GRILLE: Steel
- COLOR: Black
- HEIGHT: 714 mm / 28.11 inches
- WIDTH: 442 mm / 17.4 inches
- DEPTH: 397 mm / 15.63 inches
- WEIGHT: 22 kg / 48.5 lbs
- PACKAGE HEIGHT: 700 mm / 27.56 inches
- PACKAGE WIDTH: 450 mm / 17.72 inches
- PACKAGE DEPTH: 500 mm / 19.69 inches
- PACKAGE WEIGHT: 24.5 kg / 54.01 lbs